Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I'm It.

Wow. I knew it had been awhile since the last time I posted, but I figured it had only been two months or so. Turns out it's been almost four months. Nice. I think it's hard to consistently think of things to blog about, so I just don't post very often. You know what they say: if something is hard to do, it's probably not worth doing. Or something like that.

Anyway, I've been called out by one of my (three) readers and tagged. That seems like a sort of rite of passage among bloggers. You haven't hit the big time until someone asks you to tell six interesting, nerdy, or boring things about yourself. So here you go:

1. I'm in grad school right now, and my favorite class is statistics. I shudder at the brazen nerdiness of this, but I sometimes leave that class with a sort of giddy, excited feeling. I know, it kind of worries me, too.

2. I am a has-been recording artist. I've sung on four different albums, mostly as an ensemble singer. I co-produced the last album I was involved in.

3. I love jazz music. I don't like the Utah Jazz.

4. I prefer talk radio over music on my hour-long commute to school. Mostly this is because the speakers in my car are blown and there's less distortion with talk radio than with music.

5. I like watching DVR'd episodes of The Backyardigans with my two year old son. Uniqua is my favorite character. Or at least my favorite character name.

6. Maybe I'm mean, but when I go on walks with my son lately, I think it's fun to walk past the neighbor's Halloween decorations ("spooky stuff", as D. calls them). It's funny and cute how Dave stops and looks apprehensively at the skeletons, then either tries to turn around and walk the other way, or makes me hold him as we walk by. Maybe I just like to feel needed.

Stupid Ramblings, if you read this, you're tagged. No touchbacks.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Ha ha! I like #6. Elijah is a weirdo. I think my morbid scary-movie-watching self has rubbed off on him. He loves all the scary Halloween stuff. He looks at it, smiles, and says, "Monster! Raaar!"

Thanks for playing!

Unknown said...

I'm it.

Check my blog later.

Stupe

andi said...

Glad to know some more random stuff about you. I don't like the Jazz either (only when I'm talking with my grandma who is a die-hard fan). And you should talk to Adam about the talk radio. It's like his crack-cocaine for the day.

Erin said...

yay, you are back! sorry I didn't read it sooner. you crack me up...thanks for sharing 6 random/nerdy/interesting things about yourself. It really makes me miss you and barb and dave.

alos, it is slightly worrying to me too that you are so giddy about statistics...where were you when I failed that class the first time and had to retake it? I could have used some help.

Emilee said...

hey it's good to hear from you, I'm glad you said hello. I'll now be popping in on your blogs! yeah good ol' PGM, did you know they fired me when I was 5 months pregnant? Yeah fun stuff. Oh well. Kind of crazy you like stats though, that's just wrong.